Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.
1. My family - and not just my husband and sons but my mothers- in- law (a special shout out to my #1 fan Miss Linda! ) , my sisters, brother in law and niece and Keith's extended family most of whom have made me feel like one of them!
2. My friends- maybe I don't see you often enough or maybe you don't know how appreciated you are but you're very special to me and some of you I've had since high school!
3. Health- Especially in my job where I see so many recooperating children, I'm so glad my children have their health. They are happy and healthy and I should really remember to be grateful for this and not take it for granted.
4. Love- I am grateful to recognize this emotion and see it all around me, from the way my father- in- law loves his son and wants him to be happy to the way my little one looks at me when I pick him up out of his crib.
5. Food- As I type this I'm "starving" but I know when I get home that I have cupboards full of food. Many people are what has been coined as "Food insecure"- they don't always know where they'll find their next meal.
6. My gifts- Not to sounds like a braggart but everyone has gifts. Mine are in art, music and teaching. I'm incredibly grateful to have those.
7. My shortcomings- To balance my gifts I'm also grateful for my shortcomings such as math and sometimes relationships with others! If I didn't have shortcomings, I wouldn't have new things to work on and explore to become better.
8. My work- What other jobs would give me flexible time and the ability to do so many cool things?! I get to help students and teach who otherwise may fall through the cracks and I get to shop for really cool people..... Are you kidding me?! I'm blessed for having my two jobs.
As Thanksgiving approaches try to think about what you are grateful for and remember it's not just this time of year when the retailers put on the music and the decorations are overblown; gratefulness is important year round. I think I'll save this list to remind myself of the same during the coming year! Happy Thanksgiving to all!